Resources & Links
Recommended Supplemental Reading
- Ryugo, K. Fruit Culture: Its Science and Art.
- McGregor, S. E. Insect Pollination of Cultivated Crop Plants. Agricultural Handbook No. 496, Agriculture Research Service, USDA
- Jackson, D., N. Looney, M. Morley-Bunker, and G. Thiele (editors). Temperate and Subtropical Fruit Production. 3rd Edition.
- Westwood, M. N. (editor) Temperate–Zone Pomology. 3rd Edition
Honey Bee Resources
Harry H. Laidlaw Jr. Honey Bee Research Facility Dept. of Entomology, UC Davis
A major center of research, teaching and extension activities in apiculture and bee biology for the University of California. Includes information regarding beekeeping classes and monthly newsletters.
Bees - Honey Bee Research and Information at UC Riverside
Information on honey bees, including the Africanized honey bee
Bee Alert: Africanized Honey Bee (pdf)
Vincent Lazaneo, UCCE San Diego Co. ( 4 pp.) 2002, UC ANR Pub. 8068. Basic biology and behavioral information about Africanized honey bees.
- Online pollination checker for fruit trees from Ashridge Nursery, UK